In a historic development BJP’s Shri Ram Nath Kovind become the president of India on the 25th of July after an election in which he defeated Congress led UPA’s nominee for the post Smt. Meera Kumar. This is the first time since Independence that a former BJP member has become the president of India. Unlike other presidents in the past Kovind is a genuine product of Anti -Congressism. In his speech as the president of India in the central hall of the parliament Kovind mention the names of Mahatama Gandhi, Sardar Patel and Jan Sangha’s ideologist Deen Dayal Upadhyaya but chooses to ignore Nehru-Gandhi family completely. The Oath Taking horoscope of President Ram Nath Kovind indicates that his term will be more political and less ceremonial. Coming from the Dalit background Kovind’s presidency is seen as a political effort of the BJP to lure the community which is big vote bank in the Hindi-heartland.
Oath Taking Horoscope of Ram Nath Kovind
25 July 2017 , 12:15 hours at Delhi
Tithi: Shukla Tritya, Vaar: Tuesday , Nakshatra : Magha, Yoga: Vayatipat
At the time of the oath taking of president Ram Nath Kovind the Libra sign was rising which is consider very auspicious as it is a ‘Sirisodaya’ Rashi and is the sign of a benefic Venus. However, the day Tuesday and the Nakshatra Magha are inauspicious. Magha is a ‘Kroora’ (malefic) Nakshatra.
- Ram Nath Kovind’s oath taking in malefic Nakshatra Magha indicates political disturbances during his tenure. The Moon in Rahu-Ketu axis is also very inauspicious.
- The lagna lord Venus in the 8th house receiving the aspect of retrograde Saturn and the 6th lord Jupiter also indicates controversies during the presidency of Ram Nath Kovind.
- However, the exchange of houses between the 10th lord Moon and the 11th lord Sun shows that he will be very active and swift in decision making at office. Unlike his predecessor Pranab Mukharjee he will not spend most of the time in Delhi but travel across the country.
- In both Rashi and Navamsha the 10th lord and the 12th lord are conjoined together. It is a combination which will make him the most proactive and found of travelling during his tenure as the president of India.
- Sun and Mars at the 10th house will make him more political in the office rather than ceremonial president like his predecessors.
Congress party put an objection in the Raja Sabha (Upper house of Indian Parliament) on the maiden speech of President Ram Nath Kovind in which he ignored India’s first prime minister Jawahar Lal Nehru and compared Mahatama Ghandhi with Deen Dayal Upadhyaya who had not contribution in the freedom struggle of India. In coming year president Ram Nath Kovind is likely to create more controversial occasions is what suggested by his oath taking chart. Kovind is going to act more like a president of BJP than the president of India which will create a rift between the opposition and the government during his tenure.